Telescope Data Center
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
60 Garden St.
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
Click here to e-mail me!
Phone: (617) 495-7408
FAX: (617) 495-7467

Jessica Mink

Astronomical Software Developer
Data Archivist
and Positional Astronomer

Picture
Education
I earned Bachelors (1973) and Masters (1974) [thesis] degrees in Planetary Science from M.I.T.,
Work
After I got my SM degree, I took some enforced time off from astronomy due to a lack of jobs and developed financial software in Boston at Financial Publishing Company in 1975 and 1976, while still doing some work at MIT in my spare time (helping write my first published paper).
In 1976, I left to develop astronomical software full-time, in lieu of graduate school, at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York from 1976 until 1979, soon publishing my second paper in Nature, among others. Then my research group moved to M.I.T., where I worked until 1984.

In 1984, I came to the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory to work on the Spacelab 2 Infrared Telescope (and helped write this paper about its results).

Since that project was completed in 1990, I have worked at the SAO Telescope Data Center, developing and using software for astrometry and the reduction, analysis, and archiving of optical and near-infrared spectra and images.
This presentation summarizes a lot of my scientific work.

In 2011, I changed a bit.

Professional interests
View from office window
Sunset out of my former office window
[Bigger picture]

Here are some talks I've given in Cambridge:

Last updated 6 July 2012

Telescope Data Center Occultations AAS/DDA