If the "help" option is specified on the command line, allowable options
and current parameter values are printed. If the -menu flag is set, the
user is prompted for responses through a series of menus. To turn off the
prompts, use -nmenu as a command-line argument. Any parameter may be set
explicitly on the command line by typing parameter_name=value.
parameter_name may be given in upper or lower case, but value
must be given in the appropriate case.
Command Line Options
The following options may be set on the command line:
- Print position of the source with this number in the current catalog. (STAR)
- hh:mm:ss.ss dd:mm:ss.ss [J2000 or B1950]
- Use this position as a search center if STAR is already in
search mode. At least one colon needs to be present in the right
ascension. Both positions must be present if one is, but the
equinox, J2000 or B1950, may be ommitted to use one explicitly set
on the command line or already set. (CRA CDEC)
- If the first character in the file is a number, print the positions of
the stars listed, one per line, in the file. If the first character is
a alphabetic character, perform a batch search of all of the sources or
positions in an ASCII input file with the format described in
- -cat pathname
- Filename of binary star catalog. (CATFILE)
- -dir pathname
- Pathname of directory containing binary star catalog(s). (CATDIR)
- -fit filename
- Make search region match the image position and area as derived from
FITS or IRAF world coordinate system information found in the header of
filename. If the first character of filename is an @, the
filename is the name of a file containing a list of filenames to
be used, one at a time. (IMAGELIST) (Added in version 3.2)
- -cra num
- Set center right ascension for search as hh.mmssss. (CRA)
- -cdec num
- Set center declination as dd.mmssss. (CDEC)
- -box num
- Sets search box half-width as dd.mmssss; RA half-width will be dbox/cos(dec).
If greater than zero, this value overrides -dra and -ddec. (DBOX)
- -dra num
- Set right ascension half-width for search as hh.mmssss. (DRA)
- -ddec num
- Sets declination half-width as dd.mmssss. (DDEC)
- -min num
- Set bright magnitude limit (The GSC doesn't have anything brighter than 7).
- -max num
- Set faint magnitude limit (The GSC doesn't have anything fainter than 16).
- -date ISO or FITS or yyyy.mmdd date
- Set epoch for proper motion in either ISO date format,
FITS date format, dd/mm/yyyy, or yyyy.mmdd. In the
last two cases, 1900 is added to two-digit years.
- -prop (-nprop)
- Add proper motion from catalog to star positions. If date is not set,
no offset is added.
- -pprop (-npprop)
- Print proper motions from catalog after star positions. This is
independent of whether proper motions are added to the printed positions.
- -o filename>
- Set output filename. If "-", no file is written. (LOGFILE)
- -menu (-nmenu)
- Prompt the user for responses through a series of menus. To turn off the
prompts, use -nmenu as a command-line argument. (MENU=y,n)
- -print (-nprint)
- Display stars to standard output as well as (or instead of) writing them
to a file. -nprint turns off display to standard output. (PRINT=y,n)
- -b (-j)
- Input and output coordinates in B1950 or J2000 coordinates.
- *** This does NOT override the settings in an input search catalog
- -bi (-ji)
- Input search coordinates in B1950 or J2000 coordinates. (INCOOR=B1950,J2000)
- -bo (-jo -gal -equ)
- Output source positions in B1950, J2000, galactic, or equatorial coordinates.
- -new (-app)
- Start new or append to most recent output file. (FAPP=n,y)
- -v (-nv)
- Turn verbose mode on or off. Command line parameter changes will be
echoed if this is on, as well as additional progress logging. This is
useful if the program is apparently misbehaving. (VERBOSE=y,n)
- Stop processing of command line and exit from program after setting
parameters in parameter file.
Last updated 5 January 1999